Coming Soon – access to your own patient records with the ability to enter your own information, obtain certain results yourself, and refer your file to Nastaran for consultation, view Nastaran's advice, and make an appointment.More
- Your referral letter or EPC (Medicare form) from your GP (if you were referred)
- Your food record / diary if you have been asked to keep one.
- A list of medications.
- Dietary advice previously given.
- Blood sugar records, if applicable.
- Test results, if applicable.
You can bring a friend, relative or carer to the appointment if you find this helpful.
At the appointment, Nastaran will:
- Introduce herself and welcome you.
- Discuss the reason you have been referred.
- Ask you questions about the types of food you eat, how you cook your foods and when you eat.
- Ask to measure your height and weight.
- Agree the changes you may wish to make, to meet your individual needs.
- Provide you with written information.
Your doctor will be informed of any dietary treatment recommended (if your were referred).
If Nastaran needs to see you again, she will agree this with you and explain how the followup
appointment is made and how long this will take. Generally followup appointments are 20-30 minutes long.More
A referral to Nastaran Habibi should be made when your patient needs more intensive dietary, nutritional and lifestyle behavior education than you can provide in your office environment. Nastaran can help particularly when the patient is in the preparation, action or relapse stages of change.
A consultation generally includes a diet and lifestyle assessment, and nutrition education and counselling. Nastaran will review your patient’s medical and social status, including biochemistry and othe relevant test results, dietary and family history and home environment. In addition she will take anthropometric measurements and collect information on the patient’s individual food preferences and cultural, socio-economic and lifestyle needs. Taking into account the patient’s own goals, knowledge, skills and access to resources, Nastaran will custom design a program for your patient based on the principles of Medical Nutrition Therapy. She integrates self-management training regarding information on nutrient content, food choices, and meal preparation based on each patient’s particular and unique circumstances. Initial appointments are more than 1 hour.
What happens next:
- You will receive a formal report assessing your patient’s nutritional, physical activity and lifestyle status including Nastaran’s recommendations for improvement, possible barriers to success and guidelines for evaluating progress.
- During the 45-90 minute follow-up visits, Nastaran will review your patient’s progress, provide further education, encourage continued adherence to the plan and identify any obstacles to success.
In order for your patient to qualify for a Medicare rebate, referral must be through an Enhanced Care Plan. Referrals outside Medicare will still qualify for a Health Fund rebate.More
The impact that nutrition has on your patients’ lives and health is dramatic.
When practitioners seriously address the role that diet and lifestyle play in improving health, and in preventing and mitigating disease, their patients do too. For more information on our services to your patients, please click on the appropriate section heading above. Please contact Nastaran directly with any questions regarding any of our services. Contact information is on the Home Page.
What is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian?
Nastaran Habibi is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian (APD). An APD is a qualified health professional that provides nutrition intervention and support to patients. They must have tertiary qualifications in nutrition and dietetics and clinical training to modify diets in order to treat nutrition related health conditions. An APD must receive their certification from the Dietitians Association of Australia and must earn continuing education credits to maintain their APD status.
What is Medical Nutrition Therapy?
Medical Nutrition Therapy is a plan of care that focuses on the assessment, nutrition diagnosis, treatment plan, evaluation and continued monitoring of a patient / client. Medical Nutrition Therapy is an essential component of comprehensive health care services. Individuals with a variety of conditions and illnesses can improve their health and quality of life by receiving medical nutrition therapy. MNT can increase a patient’s health and well-being, and increase productivity and satisfaction levels through decreased doctor visits, hospitalisations and reduced prescription drug use. Numerous studies support the cost-effectiveness and consistent outcomes of Medical Nutrition Therapy when administered by an Accredited Practicing Dietitian like Nastaran Habibi.
Nastaran’s individually-designed client plans:
- Provide early diagnosis of nutrition-related health problems
- Facilitate better management of chronic conditions through diet and lifestyle change
- Lead to fewer nutrition-related secondary complications such as neuropathies from diabetes
- Dispel myths regarding fad diets
- Teach patients how to take personal responsibility for their own health status
- Raise awareness regarding nutrition-related problems like high cholesterol, diabetes and hypertension
Placement in Practitioner’s Office
Some practitioners would prefer their patients receive all medical services in their own offices. Nastaran is available for scheduled placement in your office to meet with patients you believe would benefit from professional nutrition services. From once a month, to once a week, Nastaran can accommodate your office and patient needs.
Lunch & Learn
Recognizing how quickly nutritional information changes, Nastaran offers free lunchtime programs in your office, specifically tailored to your patient base and staffing needs.
- Eating for thyroid disorder
- Celiac disease
- Chronic fatigue
- Supplement protocols
- Diabetes care and prevention
- General Nutrition
- Pediatric Nutrition
Please contact Nastaran directly with any questions regarding any of our services.More