- Your referral letter or EPC (Medicare form) from your GP (if you were referred)
- Your food record / diary if you have been asked to keep one.
- A list of medications.
- Dietary advice previously given.
- Blood sugar records, if applicable.
- Test results, if applicable.
You can bring a friend, relative or carer to the appointment if you find this helpful.
At the appointment, Nastaran will:
- Introduce herself and welcome you.
- Discuss the reason you have been referred.
- Ask you questions about the types of food you eat, how you cook your foods and when you eat.
- Ask to measure your height and weight.
- Agree the changes you may wish to make, to meet your individual needs.
- Provide you with written information.
Your doctor will be informed of any dietary treatment recommended (if your were referred).
If Nastaran needs to see you again, she will agree this with you and explain how the followup
appointment is made and how long this will take. Generally followup appointments are 20-30 minutes long.More